Readings, poems and scripture
If you want a reading as part of your ceremony, we’ve compiled a list of the most popular readings that might make you think, enjoy.
- “Sonnet 18 – Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day” by William Shakespeare.
- “Sonnet 43 – How do I love thee? Let me count the ways” by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- “Love is patient, love is kind….” – 1 Corinthians, The Bible
- “My love is like a red red rose” by Robert Burns
Or you might decide you want to go for something more funny like:
- “The Loving Cup” Ogden Nash
- “Yes I’ll marry you my dear” by Pam Ayres
Choosing your people to speak for you on your wedding day can be a great way to help some of your wedding party feel more involved, be it a best friend, family member or just someone you love dearly, it’s an alternative way to tell someone they are important to you outside of having to clothe them!
Ready to Start Planning Your Dream Wedding?
Join us today and become a TWP Insider for just £97. We will put you at the heart of your Wedding Day by giving you the inspiration to create your life-changing, worry-free, holistic and love filled wedding. We are your pocket rocket wedding planner, bringing wedding inspiration and innovation to every couple. Everything we do is driven by experience, knowledge, love, and fun. We will love, honour, and cherish you, keeping you at the heart of everything we do.