Mumsy not mumsy
Are you a Mother of the Bride (hereafter referred to as MOB) or a Mother of the Groom (MOG)?
At TWP HQ, we often find women want something special & elegant but not as formal and fussy as traditional MOB and MOG looks. If your son or daughter are getting married abroad or in a rustic barn or an outdoor venue, it just doesn’t seem to fit with the structured-dress-and-jacket look that seemed to be the go-to look of all MOB/MOGs.
If this is the quandary your MOB or MOG finds themselves in, why not suggest one of the following:
- Buy something on the high street – could be risky as they might end up wearing the same as another wedding guest.
- Wear something they already have
- Hire something – very sustainable and a fraction of the cost of a designer outfit
- They find a dressmaker and get something bespoke – not always as expensive as you would think and guaranteed no one else at the wedding will be wearing the same.
- A mix of all of the above – find a dressmaker to alter something you already have or a high street bargain, and hire a hat!
You may even find something on the high street but might need something tweaking; a sleeve added maybe, perhaps a bit of bling?
At TWP HQ, we’d love to feature your MOB or MOG in a future blog if they would like us to track their journey. Who knows, they may even discover the next Stella McCartney.
Ready to Start Planning Your Dream Wedding?
Join us today and become a TWP Insider for just £97. We will put you at the heart of your Wedding Day by giving you the inspiration to create your life-changing, worry-free, holistic and love filled wedding. We are your pocket rocket wedding planner, bringing wedding inspiration and innovation to every couple. Everything we do is driven by experience, knowledge, love, and fun. We will love, honour, and cherish you, keeping you at the heart of everything we do.