The musings of a Mother of the Bride
Ever wondered what your mum is thinking in the run-up to and during your wedding? We spoke to our. mum who said she went through a range of emotions:
- Excitement – from the moment my daughter found the One (dress, not husband, although I was delighted about that too).
- Worry – is my daughter doing the right thing? Is she too young? Has she bought her dress from the right place? Have we saved enough to give a meaningful contribution?
- Nostalgia – I loved my own wedding day – I wish I could do it again.
- Pride – I have raised a fully-fledged human who can organise a wedding day for many people.
- Regret – I wish my eldest had tried on more wedding gowns instead of buying the first one she saw.
- Confusion – there’s a lot of choice for Mother of the Bride outfits – I want my daughter to be proud of me.
- Tears – of happiness when I saw you walk down the aisle – thank goodness for waterproof mascara!
- Joy – the joy of watching my daughters become the people they’re meant to be, the joy of seeing a strong independent woman emerge from the little girls I raised.
For this and other articles, become a TWP Insider – we’d love to share our stories with you.
Ready to Start Planning Your Dream Wedding?
Join us today and become a TWP Insider for just £97. We will put you at the heart of your Wedding Day by giving you the inspiration to create your life-changing, worry-free, holistic and love filled wedding. We are your pocket rocket wedding planner, bringing wedding inspiration and innovation to every couple. Everything we do is driven by experience, knowledge, love, and fun. We will love, honour, and cherish you, keeping you at the heart of everything we do.